Iran considers attacking US military targets in Europe if Trump continues with the war

According to the Financial Times, Iran would be evaluating US military targets in Europe to attack them if Donald Trump escalates the Middle East war

of august 19, 2026 at 12:28h
Diseño sin título
Diseño sin título

Iran is contemplating attacking military targets in Europe, in case US President Donald Trump intensifies the Middle East war, according to the Financial Times (FT). Several sources from the Tehran regime have told the FT that Iranian forces have planned the option of attacking US assets in southeastern Europe, such as Bulgaria, since last month it gave the green light for the use of its Bezmer air base for US refueling planes.

One of these sources also added that Cyprus, where a British base was hit by a drone last March, was also among the possible retaliation targets for any new US offensive. Similarly, these sources indicated that Iranian forces have also considered the option of attacking submarine fiber optic cables in the Strait of Hormuz in case of an escalation of the war. The FT highlights that these threats express the defiance from Tehran where many members of the regime consider the resumption of the war a matter of time.

Donald Trump confirmed this Tuesday that there were no ongoing or scheduled talks with Tehran in a stalemate of dialogue to end the war in Iran. The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps and other military commanders have warned that if there is a new large-scale conflict, Iran would go beyond its previous strategy. Last July, the Revolutionary Guard threatened the United Kingdom over the US use of British military bases, stating that, "any base used to launch an attack against Iranian territory will be considered a legitimate target." And according to some experts, Iran could deploy medium-range ballistic missiles to US assets in southern and southeastern Europe.

In addition to this, the Iranian Army warned the Persian Gulf countries not to help the United States in the war, after tensions with the United Arab Emirates over the alleged launch of Iranian missiles against the Arab country. In a statement by the Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces, General Ali Abdollahi said: "We warn: any help or facilitation provided to the aggressive US army will be considered as participation with US military forces."

Add ElConstitucional.es as a preferred Google source for free.

Stay informed about all the latest breaking news with the best information. Against disinformation, for democracy and social rights.

Activate now
About the author
foto bernat
Bernat Carreres

Editor of ElConstitucional.es

View biography
The most read